Monday, September 9, 2013

Honda ASIMO

In 1986, Honda's first human like robot experiment had taken it's very first steps, but the robot was not walking as a human would, so Honda took the time to study human's walking capabilities to better the robot that they called, EO. E0 could only walk in a straight line and took about five seconds to take one step.
In 1988, engineers had created the E2. E2 could walk successfully and imitate a human's walk, one of the most successful robots to be created so far.
Engineers than began to focus on robot's hands and arms which led to their next robot in 1993, the P1. By 1996, engineers had created their second prototype robot, the P2. The P2 could not only walk a straight line, but could walk side to side as well. The P2 could do a lot more human like things than the previous robots, like grasping onto things by remote control and tightening and untightening bolts.
In 1997, the P3 was created being the most independent of the three p robot's. Engineers then wanted to work on a robot that could function with human's and that is when they created ASIMO.
ASIMO was created in November of 2000.
ASIMO is equipped with many capabilities. ASIMO can dance, pretty well to be a robot, in my opinion. This robot can also talk and comprehend what is being said to it. ASIMO will also serve a person when asked to. ASIMO is also equipped to pass items along to other people without dropping or spilling anything that ASIMO might have. ASIMO can take on stairs, push a trolley, and he can run at speeds that are pretty fast for a robot.
I personally would not want an ASIMO robot, because if I would have a robot like this I would just want the robot to serve me everything and wait on me hand and foot and me never run another errand in my life. Personally I think the ASIMO would only be good in a big factory environment or something like that, because a robot like this would make me lazy and I would not want to do anything, and I am sure that if most people had a robot like this they would get lazy as well. Although the robot would be good for some things, it just isn't something that I would personally want.

No comments:

Post a Comment